Although Tinder is a service to find a partner, not all users who use the platform are single. In fact, almost half of them have a partner, something that shows that the human being never seems to be satisfied.
A new study conducted by GlobalWebIndex (GWI) has surveyed more than 47,000 users worldwide . Surprisingly, 42% have a partner, looking for a change of relationship, or other kinds of things that are not so politically correct. Anyway, it does not mean that all the people who have the installed application are infidels, since they can be in an “open relationship”, navigating without intending to have an appointment, or that they have forgotten to uninstall it (they could be used as excuses, I suppose).
To make matters worse, 30% of respondents are married , while the remaining 12% are currently in a relationship. Regarding the remaining percentage, we find 54% of singles and 3% who are divorced or widowed.
Success among the female audience
In addition, this study shows that Tinder is a more successful application among the female audience, since 62% of users are women , while the remaining 38% are men. Regarding the ages, young people predominate (something that makes all the sense): If you want more tinder apps check here
38% are between 16 and 24 years old
45% are between 2y and 34 years old
13% are between 35 and 45 years old
Only 1% are over 55 years old
We know Tinder and we know that it is a platform where several people seek relationships of all kinds. That’s why Vanity Fair magazine included it in a piece about how dating apps-not just Tinder, but others of the style-have affected the culture of casual se**.
The company seemed not very satisfied with the note by Mary Jo Sales, so she has published a series of tweets explaining that, more than an application to look for casual se**, Tinder is a platform to help people find “connections”. significant “.
Having said that, we show you some Tweets published by the site. Among some things we can see that they deny a survey where they indicated that 30% of Tinder users are married, trying to make a distinction between other platforms such as Ashley Madison.
Tinder creates experiences. We create connections that otherwise would never have been made. 8 billion of them to date, in fact. It’s about meeting new people for all kinds of reasons. Travel, dating, relationships, friends and a lot of marriages. “
After a series of messages of this type, Tinder released a statement in which they mention that perhaps they “exaggerated” in their reaction to the Vanity Fair article, but that their intention is to focus on the incredible stories that have occurred thanks to their platform.
We know that Tinder’s intention is good, but for many users the application serves to have casual encounters and in effect, has revolutionized the way people know each other